Monday, June 22, 2009

On The Road To Recovery

Today's supposedly my first day of work, and yet I'm on MC for the entire week due to my chicken pox! Haha what a start isn't it? Well, I can only hope that my employers are not angry with me, or that they have a bad impression of me right at the start, otherwise it's gonna be hell for me for the next 2 1/2 years.

I think I can count myself lucky. Why? Because my pox never itched before. I don't know if it's the calamine lotion that I apply, or the medicine that I eat, or that the chicken pox is not fully developed, or I'm just plain lucky. I've come across a few of my friends who complain about the itch and the pain every single day when they have it, and as such I was very worried in the beginning. But even till today, when I can visibly see the pox drying up and slowly disappearing, I've never once felt that they itched. They looked more like huge pimples that suddenly appear all over my face and body.

The only thing that worries me right now is the scars on my face. I've got 4 of them, and I don't know if they'll slowly disappear, or I'll have to buy some scar removal cream. Whatever it is, I MUST NOT BE DISFIGURED! Hahaha!

It's the 8th day now, and I'm very amazed that I'm still surviving this ordeal of being stuck at home, and not being able to step out of the house in case I spread the virus to someone else. Seeing how the German who got the H1N1 virus and yet still went out to Clarke Quay for "recreational" purposes and to a concert the next day before seeking treatment, and how he got flamed after that for being so irresponsible, I've decided against going out while I'm still "infectious" and "spreading the virus". Gotta be a responsible citizen :D

Another 6 more days!!!

0 comments: