Monday, June 23, 2008

我撞车了

If there was anyone who was caught in a jam at the PIE towards Changi Airport at about 8.30pm to 9.30pm on Friday, it's because of a 7 car chain collision at the extreme right lane.

I was the 7th car.

3 to 10 seconds before the collision, I was in the middle lane. If I had stayed in the middle lane, I'd have been fine. But unluckily, I chose to change to the extreme right lane. And what happened next was this: bang, bang, bang, screeching sound, brake lights of the taxi in front, I tried to swerve left to the middle lane, failed, and bang. I hit the left rear of the taxi, and my front right is damaged. Felt damn fucked up.

No. I wasn't speeding. I was travelling at 80km/h.

No. I wasn't tailgating. I was about 1 car length away.

Luckily, those people who were all caught in the accident were fine. Many came over and told me what to do and what to say in order to protect myself, as the law always make the last guy in a chain collision the culprit.

After that, all went to the TP headquarters for taking of statements. The worst thing was that when I went in, the investigating officer told me that I might be fined SGD200 and have 6 points deducted. He didn't tell me the reason why, but the tow truck guy who sent me there explained to me that it's considered reckless driving for being the last guy. Argh!


On Saturday, had to go to Borneo Motors to file an accident report. As the person insured is my uncle, who happens to be in Japan and is uncontactable, they told me that I had to wait until my uncle comes back and sign the form before they can start to repair the car, irregardless of how long he is going to be away. I was like, WTF! Luckily, my auntie managed to complain and psycho them to let her sign on my uncle's behalf.

After that, went down to Guillemard Road to collect our replacement car provided by the insurance. We were supposed to take the Vios, but then because we were in a rush and the guy was taking his own sweet time to drive the Vios back, we had to take the Hyundai Matrix.

Damn bloody wrong choice.

I've only been driving it for 2 days, half the petrol is gone, and it was full when I collected it.


And amazingly, until now, my auntie didn't ask me if I suffered any injuries. Over the phone when the accident happened, she asked me 2 questions.

First question: "You were speeding, right?!"

Second question: "How's the car now?"

The only people who said that the car is not as important as my safety are my friends. Interesting eh?

I bet when my uncle comes home, he'll say the exact same thing as my auntie. Suspect that I was speeding, and ask what's the damage to the car like. He won't be asking if I suffered any injuries.

He should be back on Thursday. It's gonna be judgement day for me. I might even be grounded and not be allowed to drive in the future. Damn.

0 comments: