Monday, June 16, 2008

Performances!

Heard from my S.T.A.R program instructor that from July onwards, we will be performing at cafes regularly! So exciting! I've always wanted to perform for people, but I never had the chance to do so. Now that I have this opportunity, I have to make sure that my voice is in tip-top condition. And that means no more 麻辣火锅 :(

Nothing much happened these few days, except that my auntie and uncle went to Castle Green at Yio Chu Kang to view 3 flats, and they fell in love with 1 of them. Apparently, they are already checking out some details regarding CPF with a friend of my auntie, who happens to be the agent who is keeping a lookout for potential buyers of our flat.

I already have plans on how to renovate my new room! Haha! New bed, LCD TV mounted on wall with SCV, theatre system, PS3, neatly packed wardrobe with many old clothes donated to charity, huge bookshelf for all my studying materials, long study table with my desktop, iMac (planning to buy one), and my laptop side by side, all connected by a linksys router.

But it's only a 3 room condo, about 1156 square feet, which is 500 square feet smaller than my current. That's 1/3 of my current flat gone! But then again, with only 3 people and 2 dogs, we don't need a big house anymore. Moreover, I'll eventually get married and move out. So getting a condo for them is quite right, in a sense that when they retire, they can sell it for a good price and then they will probably emigrate to Australia for retirement.

I'm really thankful to my auntie and uncle for bringing me up when my father passed away when I was just 3 years old. They gave up the idea of having their own children, and made me theirs. How great is that! The only thing that I can do now is to make sure that I get a good certificate (probably Masters), get a good job with good pay, give them monthly allowance (although they won't need it at all), and make sure that they stay healthy.

Thank you, 姑姑, 姑丈.

0 comments: