Monday, March 31, 2008

Insomnia

According to dictionary.com, insomnia means "inability to obtain sufficient sleep, esp. when chronic; difficulty in falling or staying asleep; sleeplessness"

And that is what I suffered from last night.

For no particular reason, I just wasn't able to sleep last night. At 12 am, I went to bed. I turned from side to side on my bed until 1am, not being able to go to sleep. Woke up, surfed some net, and then TRIED to go back to sleep at 1.30am. Failed. By the time my uncle came home and came into my room, it was 3am and I was still wide awake, though I was lying on my bed. Talked to my uncle on how to turn on the demister for the car, before TRYING to go back to sleep again.

Again, failed.

Went to get some biscuits and water. Try again. Fail.

Dulan.

Decided not to sleep. Surfed youtube and tried to do some coursework after that, and by the time I started to feel drowsy, my alarm rang. It was 6.30am, and time to get ready for work.


Interestingly though, I'm not tired at all. In fact, I've got to go to school now to get ready for my CIS 222 workshop from 7pm to 10pm. Feeling really energised though. Must be the can of Pokka Coffee that I bought at the Shell station this morning. Woohoo!

P.S. This week is quite a slack week for me to teach, as the sec Ones and Twos are away for OBS camp I think. Sec Ones will be back on Wednesday and Sec Twos are back on Thursday. So that means 3 hours out of 10 for this week gone. But that means SGD60 gone :(

0 comments: